INVITATION TO TENDER: AN ASSESSMENT OF THE VALUE OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, ARTS AND MATHEMATICS AND DIGITAL YOUTH WORK DELIVERY IN THE YOUTH WORK SETTING
NYCI and Leargas are engaging in an international project – a Strategic National Agency Cooperation (SNAC) on Digital Youth Work – focused on enhancing young people´s social and personal and digital competences through youth work projects. As part of this, in 2022, we will partner with ten frontline youth work organisations to deliver a range of STEAM projects to young people in different local areas across Ireland. NYCI will provide youth work partners with project payments of up to €2,500 and a range of support to help them plan, deliver and evaluate the projects.
The aim of this partnership scheme is to:
- provide young people with access to quality STEAM experiences in youth work settings where they feel comfortable to explore and experiment.
- strengthen the capacity of youth work organisations to use STEAM to improve the lives of young people.
- generate evidence of the value and impact of STEAM and Digital Youth Work to young people in a youth work setting.
The partnership scheme is included in an international action research project, which will study the personal and social benefits and digital competencies that young people gain by engaging in STEAM and Digital Youth Work. Comparable action research projects will simultaneously be undertaken in Finland and Iceland.
NYCI now invites tenders from qualified individuals and organisations to:
- conduct the action research within Ireland and produce the Irish research report.
- support, inform and guide the researchers conducting research in Finland and Iceland.
- develop a summary international report based on the research findings from Ireland, Finland and Iceland.
The budget for this piece of work is is €18,600. The deadline for applications is 12.00pm on 11th February. Further information is available here.