The National Youth Council of Ireland have partnered with Léargas and Maynooth University to develop a new interactive online module on international youth work, being launched today (25/6/21) at the What’s the Story? Narrative in Youth Work and Youth Studies 4th International Youth Studies Conference.
NYCI is committed to international youth work, facilitating the involvement of youth organisations and young people in international activities and supporting youth organisations to include an international dimension to their youth work. Engagement in international youth work provides an opportunity to work across borders and cultures, to broaden horizons, build skills and find solutions to common challenges and issues affecting young people and youth organisations. International youth work has the potential to have a significant impact on those who engage in it, including youth workers, youth organisations and of course young people themselves.
The interactive module demonstrates the potential impact of international youth work:
- Within the context of European programmes.
- For young people gaining transformative life experiences through taking part.
- For youth workers/orgs embracing initiatives like Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps.
The module is designed:
- For youth org management, workers and students.
- To develop the capacity of those involved in youth work to bring an international dimension to their work with young people.
- To highlight the contribution of such engagement in bringing added value to quality youth work.