NYCI is inviting tenders for the evaluation of our major new two-year STEAM in Youth Work project (2021 – 2022).
STEAM in Youth Work aims to build the capacity of the youth work sector to:
- use STEAM to improve the lives of young people
- deliver hands-on STEAM engagement projects that spark young people’s curiosity.
With 382,600 young people, 40,000 volunteers and 1,400 professional staff, the youth work sector is emerging as a key player within Ireland’s STEAM education and engagement ecosystem. This is particularly so for its capacity to engage meaningfully with young people from groups and backgrounds that are underrepresented in STEAM education and professions.
Through training, continuous professional development programmes, 10 partnership projects with frontline organisations, resource and equipment dissemination, youth workers will:
- Lead the delivery of in-depth STEAM projects that have been co-created with young people to respond to local need.
- Engage young people in debate around STEAM themes emerging as important after Covid-19 (e.g. viruses, circular economies economies, gaming addiction).
- Deliver education programmes that fuse science and art (e.g. sound/music).