(Sunday – 8th March) is a crucial opportunity for us to highlight how important the Sustainable Development Goal summit and the Climate Change negotiations will be for women and girls.
In fact, we feel that the Sustainable Development Goal summit and the Climate Change negotiations could potentially be the most important negotiations for women and girls in history!
It’s crucial that across the world women, girls and men and boys hear this message. If the public isn’t aware of the opportunity and what is at stake in the negotiations, then how can they push their governments to be ambitious.
To help highlight this, the Women’s Action Team, under the leadership of Ana Alcalde and Zo Fem and the Strategic Communications Action Team, have prepared a folder of documents and communications materials (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3bVnPfAR3SNNFVuXzJXelNxZFk&authuser=0) for your use on and around international women’s day:
· A Campaign Toolkit that explains what action/2015 is, why promoting women’s and girls’ rights is so important, campaigning ideas, and explains the tools and resources. (You can find these here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw5b-aiCZIVlM2VTdW9YSWNaVVE&authuser=0)
· A Template Press Release and a separate Fact Sheet for international women’s day, which is embargoed to Sunday the 8th of March, but if you like you can change the date to Friday the 6th of March instead. (You can find these here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3bVnPfAR3SNa01uOEpHWTJHVGs&authuser=0)
· Some really great Social Share Images that you can use on Twitter or Facebook, and please do encourage your national coalition partners to do the same. There is also a file in this folder that has some draft tweets that accompanies these images. (You can find these here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3bVnPfAR3SNSk44Rk9WajRyQ28&authuser=0)
· A Sign On Letter, that you can ask prominent women to put their name to in your country, or you could ask your national coalition members to put their name to instead or alongside, which you can then issue to media, or use as text for a blog or article for a newspaper. (You can find these here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3bVnPfAR3SNRlB2VU5pYUNXdE0&authuser=0)
· Also some Offline Assets that you can use to make posters, badges, hand-outs and other materials at any action/2015 or international women’s day events. (You can find these here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3bVnPfAR3SNNDkydHJMRlFidnM&authuser=0)