Equipment giveaway for a STEAM summer programme at your Youthreach Centre!
To celebrate ‘Full STEAM Ahead’, NYCI and partners are delighted to offer equipment worth up to €150 towards STEAM summer sessions in Youthreach centres.
Whether you are brand new to STEAM or you have previously taken part in NYCI’s STEAM training, you are welcome.
Fifteen equipment grants are available. Grants can be used towards the equipment needed to deliver your STEAM activity, session or project with young people by end of Summer 2021 (e.g. wet weather gear for ecology projects, dark room materials, copper wire, card, electronic components etc).
Applications closed on 29th March 2021.
(STEAM is Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths).
Do you need some ideas?
If you would like to deliver a STEAM summer activity, session or programme, but need ideas, why not try out some of the simple STEAM activities included in this Activity Pack.
Or, if you have taken part in one of our STEAM trainings over the last few years and would like to deliver an activity that you learned but need support, submit your idea and we will be in touch to help!
Ideas that are not related to NYCI’s STEAM training in any way are also strongly encouraged.
About our new project, ‘Full STEAM Ahead – A partnership approach to STEAM in Youthreach’
This project will support our three Youthreach partners to design and deliver cutting-edge STEAM education. Learning will be used to develop a range of educational management, teaching and extra-curricular resources that will be shared with the wider Youthreach sector.
The partners are NYCI, Ballymun Youthreach (CDETB), Tuam Youthreach (GRETB), Shanagolden Youthreach (LCETB), the National Co-ordination Unit, Office of the National Co-ordinator for Youthreach/VTOS and CASTeL, DCU (the Centre for the Advancement of STEM Teaching and Learning).
‘Full STEAM Ahead’ is funded by the Science Foundation of Ireland.
You can find out more at www.youth.ie.
Terms and conditions
- Fifteen awards are available and centres will be selected to ensure geographical spread and that a range of levels of experience are supported.
- Equipment grants of up to €150 will be awarded (€5 will be awarded for each young person/session. So, for example, if you plan to deliver three sessions with 10 young people, you will be awarded 3 x 10 x €5 = €150).
- We will let you know if your application has been successful by 1st April 2021.
- Equipment grants must be claimed by 30th April 2021. Claims made after this date will not be processed and payments will be awarded to another centre.
- The STEAM activities, sessions or projects delivered must have science, engineering or maths components and cannot solely be focused on technology or art. They must be completed by 31st August 2021.
- To claim your grant you must first purchase equipment and then send receipts with an organisational invoice to Barbara@nyci.ie for reimbursement. We can help you identify the equipment you need and a supplier which your Centre/ETB will be able to purchase from. Payments will be transferred to the bank account of a registered charitable or public organisation. We will only reimburse you for equipment that can be used to deliver the STEAM activities, sessions or projects outlined in your application.