We are delighted to offer equipment grants worth up to €150 towards STEAM workshops and programmes that will be delivered in Youthreach and Community Training Centres (STEAM is Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths).
Whether you are brand new to STEAM or you have previously taken part in NYCI’s STEAM training, you are welcome.
Grants can be used towards the equipment needed to deliver your STEAM workshop with young people by the end of November 2021 (e.g. wet weather gear for ecology projects, dark room materials, copper wire, card, electronic components etc).
Submit your application here by 30th June 2021.
About ‘Full STEAM Ahead! A partnership approach to STEAM in Youthreach’
This equipment is being given away as part of ‘Full STEAM Ahead! A Partnership Approach to STEAM in Youthreach’. This project will support Ballymun, Shanagolden and Tuam Youthreach Centres to design and deliver cutting-edge STEAM education. Learning will be used to develop a range of educational management, teaching and extra-curricular resources that will be shared with the wider Youthreach sector in 2022. Our other partners are the National Co-ordination Unit, Office of the National Co-ordinator for Youthreach/VTOS and CASTeL, DCU. ‘Full STEAM Ahead!’ is funded by the Science Foundation of Ireland.
Terms and conditions
- Ten awards are available and centres will be selected to ensure geographical spread and that a range of levels of experience are supported.
- Equipment grants of up to €150 will be awarded (€5 will be awarded for each young person/session. So, for example, if you plan to deliver three sessions with 10 young people, you will be awarded 3 x 10 x €5 = €150).
- We will let you know if your application has been successful by 6th July 2021.
- Equipment grants must be claimed by 6th September 2021. Claims made after this date will not be processed and payments will be awarded to another centre.
- The STEAM workshops or programmes delivered must include at least three of the following disciplines – science, technology, engineering, art or maths. They must be completed by end November 2021.
- To claim your grant you must first purchase equipment and then send receipts with an organisational invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org for reimbursement. We can help you identify the equipment you need and a supplier which your Centre/ETB will be able to purchase from. Payments will be transferred to the bank account of a registered charitable or public organisation. We will only reimburse you for equipment that can be used to deliver the STEAM workshops or programmes outlined in your application.