The National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI) Youth Arts Programme is delighted to invite applications for the Cavan Monaghan Youth Arts Bursary 2023. Eight bursaries worth €800 each will be awarded, four to County Cavan and four to County Monaghan.
The bursary scheme is designed to support young people from Cavan and Monaghan to participate in short youth arts projects in collaboration with a professional artist and within youth work and non-formal education settings. This bursary scheme hopes to nurture young people’s creative instincts, ignite their interest in a range of art forms, support them to develop new skills and to encourage them to find their voice through a youth arts process. The scheme also aims to support professional artists to develop their collaborative experiences working with young people and youth workers.
The bursary will support artists’ fees primarily as well as materials and travel costs (where necessary). Artists, youth organisations and young people can collaborate to apply for this scheme, with all applications being submitted by a youth organisation.
“We aim to forge new interactive partnerships between artists and creative youth workers so that they can start new project initiatives with our young citizens in non-formal education settings, allowing them the time and space to explore new areas of arts engagement and new methods of practicing creative art forms.” L.A.E.P. Cavan & Monaghan and Cavan Monaghan ETB Youth Services
The bursary scheme is funded by Cavan Arts Office Cavan County Council, Monaghan Arts Office Monaghan County Council, Cavan Monaghan Education Training Board Youth Services and the Local Arts and Education Partnership (LAEP) as part of their support for the Cavan Monaghan Youth Arts Hub.
Applications Open: Monday, March 13th
Application Deadline: Monday, April 24th at 5pm
Applicants will be informed of grant allocation by: Friday, April 28th
Projects should be completed by: Friday, December 15th
- to support young people from Cavan and Monaghan to participate in short youth arts projects with professional artists within youth work and non-formal education settings
- to nurture young people’s creative instincts, ignite their interest in a range of art forms, support them to develop new skills and to encourage them to find their voice through a youth arts process
- to support professional artists to develop their collaborative experiences working with young people and youth workers.
- to support young-person centred youth arts projects that promote a collaborative approach between young people, youth workers and artists
- to support the engagement of marginalised young people who face barriers to arts participation
- support youth arts projects/activities for young people aged 10 to 25 in Cavan or Monaghan
- meet the grant objectives
- be for a future activity, not for an activity or project that has already been completed.
- be from a youth group/service or youth arts group /organisation working with young people in Cavan and Monaghan. Artists must apply in conjunction with a youth group/service or youth arts group /organisation. Applications cannot be accepted from individuals.
- Be from an organisation that has a Child Safeguarding Statement and is compliant with Children First. NYCI may link in with CMETB Youth services to verify quality standards.
- If the bursary scheme is oversubscribed, then applications will be prioritised that: come from youth groups/organisations; support the participation of marginalised young people; support engagement with a range of art forms; and achieve a geographical spread across the two counties.
- Organisations will be invited to share their youth arts projects as part of a Cavan Monaghan Youth Arts Hub Networking & Exchange session in February 2024.
- Organisations will be required to complete a short evaluation of the project.
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply, please complete the online application form below and submit it by Monday, April 24th at 5pm.
For more information or queries about the application process, contact email@example.com