Welcome to week 4 of ‘Building Blocks for Well Being’
This week’s activity continues from last week’s theme gratitude. ‘Showing Gratitude’
Showing gratitude encourages us all to reflect on and practice appreciating the positives in our lives. Gratitude and appreciation are important emotions and expressing these emotions can help us all to learn to shift our focus from negative to positive. This also helps us with our self-esteem and overall happiness.
Throughout the week, pick one thing from the list below and out loud, tell someone why you are grateful.
Statement: I am grateful for …. Because
- A friend
- Where I live
- My family
- A family member
- My pet
- My hobbies
- Tasty food
- The weather
- Work colleagues
- Community in which I live
As you are doing this activity ask yourself the following questions.
- How did it feel to say out loud what you are grateful for?
- How easy or difficult was it to think of something to be grateful for?
- Think about how often you complain about the things in your life, big or small. How often do you think about what is going well in your life? Could you do this more often?
- Take a moment to think about the people or things in your life that you enjoy or that makes you smile?
- What have you learnt from doing this activity?