Today we launch our call on Government to fund youth work in Budget 23. Add your voice and call on our Government to support young people – by investing €12 million in young people and youth work.
Young people have been hard hit by the pandemic and now the cost of living crisis. In the last year, we have seen:
- Young people suffering due to cost of living increases across a range of areas including housing, education, transport and more.
- A serious impact on young people’s mental health and increased levels of stress.
- Young people disconnecting from youth work, youth clubs and groups during COVID, who need support to return.
- An interruption to education that has had a lasting effect for many young people.
- 12,000 young Ukrainians aged 10-24 have arrived in Ireland in recent months and need additional support to adapt to life in Ireland and make lasting connections here.
Ireland’s young population is growing all the time – we will have over 1 million people aged under 25 by the year 2025, a full fifth of our population. Young people are such an important part of our society, Government has to plan to ahead so they can get real, meaningful support.
That’s why we’re calling on the Government to invest an additional €12m in youth work services in Budget 2023, to provide more supports and activities for young people hit hard by the pandemic and cost of living crisis.
WILL YOU JOIN THIS CALL AND STAND UP FOR YOUNG PEOPLE?