As part of One World Week, the National Youth Council of Ireland would like to invite you to a:
One Day Training for Youth Workers on Activism and the Sustainable Development Goals
Venue: TBC Dublin
Date: Wednesday, October 24th 2018
Time: 11:00am – 4:00pm
Introduction to the day…
· The Sustainable Development Goals are 3 years old
· Much work has been done but there is a lot more that we need to do
· Young people have been recognised as a key stakeholder in achieving the SDGs
· Ireland reported to the United Nations on the SDGs progress we are making at national and international levels at a meeting in New York in July 2018
· Ireland also produced a National Implementation Plan 2018 – 2020
· We need to move from policy to action
· Youth Workers have an important role in supporting young people to take action
· This is YOUR opportunity to relay issues and solutions because young people are Generation2030 and it is YOUth who will live with the consequences of what and how we achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
· There will be games, interactive discussions, opportunities to meet with others and have the chats and have some fun!
· You don’t want to miss this day!!!
At this event:
· You will participate interactively to learn more about Activism and the Sustainable Development Goals.
· You will meet people and organisations who are taking action.
· You will have the opportunity to discuss the issues and take away ideas for yourself/community/school/organisation.
· You will hear about future opportunities to engage.
You can be part of this. Let’s Change the World!
Get informed! Become a leader! Join us!
One World Week
One World Week 2018 takes place from November 17-25.
One World Week is a week of youth-led awareness raising, education and action where young people learn about local and global justice issues and are empowered to take action to bring about positive change.