NYCI is the National Representative Body for Voluntary Youth Organisations. Currently it has 54 member organisations, 43 full members and 9 affiliate members.
How does my Organisation Become a Member?
There are two types of involvement in NYCI offered to Voluntary Youth Organisations. These are:
Membership of the company shall be open to any voluntary organisation or agency which accepts the objectives as set out in Clause 2 of the Memorandum of Association of the Company for the time being in force, and:
- Is self-managing in structure
- Is involved in fostering, promoting and facilitating the welfare, advancement and development of young people
- Allows for the continuous participation of young people within the decision-making process of its organisation
- Provides development programmes or services for young people
- Which is national or regional in membership with a majority of members under 25 years of age
A National Organisation
- Must have at least 15 recognised units and representation in at least 2 provinces at the time of application for membership, either through member or affiliated units. For a unit to be recognised there must be at least 20 members OR
- Be providing a service to young people which was availed of by at least 300 young people over a period not less than one year immediately preceding that organisation’s application for membership
A Regional Organisation
- Must have at least 10 recognised units with an active participation of not less than 1,000 young people at the time of application for membership OR
- Be providing a service to young people which was availed of by at least 1,000 young people over a period not less than one year immediately preceding that organisation’s application for membership.A Representative Structure which must have representative structures in at least 10 counties OR
- A Forum which represents Youth Work/Youth Interest in at least 10 counties.
Organisations which are already in membership or associated or affiliated to a member organisation of the Company may not separately be a member of the Company.
Any organisation with an interest in the welfare of young people within the youth service age range who subscribe to the aims, but who, by their nature, cannot satisfy all the criteria for membership as defined in Article 3, may be affiliates. Affiliates have no voting rights.
Please contact NYCI if you wish to apply for membership.