The mission of Irish Girl Guides (IGG) is to enable girls and young women to develop to their fullest potential as responsible citizens of the world.
Guiding gives girls from age five the opportunity to develop confidence and a range of life-skills in an unpressurised environment to help them succeed in today’s world.
Through a variety of activities girls are encouraged to:
- learn practical indoor and outdoor skills
- be aware of and care for the needs of others
- behave responsibly in upholding the laws of the country
- appreciate and use environmental resources responsibly
- develop a knowledge and understanding of spiritual values in their daily lives
- participate in the international aspects of Guiding
IGG has 10,000 youth members, ranging in age from 5 to 26 years. 1800 young and adult leaders are involved.
27 Pembroke Park
Tel: 01 6683898
Fax: 01 6602779