The National Youth Council of Ireland is inviting young people to join its campaign on lowering the voting age to 16 in local and European elections. As part of NYCI’s campaign a Vote at 16 youth group will be established to advise and provide the voice for the campaign.
Aim of the Group:
- Inform the Vote at 16 campaign to influence the government to change the voting age to 16.
- Explore different campaign ideas for media, other young people etc…
- Contribute to our media, political and other work to achieve the objectives of the campaign.
- Contribute to the design and content of the website for the campaign.
- Develop understanding of the issue and explore arguments in favour of lowering the voting age.
- Young Person, preferably between 15 and 18 but over 18 also considered.
- Interested in the issue of changing the voting age to 16
- Willing to attend the meeting on Sat 11th October and stay involved in the campaign beyond the meeting.
- Willing to feedback the outcomes of the meeting and bring back the campaign to your youth organisation.
Please fill out the application form below and post it to James Doorley, NYCI, 3 Montague Street, Dublin 2 or for further information contact her on 01-478 4122 or e-mail email@example.com
If you are under 18 you must have a guardian or parent fill out a Parental Consent form below and send it to the International Officer, NYCI, 3 Montague St, Dublin 2.
There will be a selection process in NYCI and you will be informed if your application has been successful. If there are more than 2 applications from one member organisation the applicant and organisation will be contacted regarding the situation prior to the selection.
We are developing www.voteat16.ie as a campaign hub.