The National Youth Council of Ireland Wishes to recruit a Health Promotion Officer for the National Youth Health Programme
If you are passionate about making a positive impact on young people’s health, the National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI) would like to hear from you. Working in a positive and stimulating environment, the emphasis of this role is to contribute to the development of
health promotion initiatives using evidence based approaches and best practice that will have a real impact on the health and well being of young people.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a third level qualification in Health promotion and/or Health Education
- 2 years’ experience working in Health Promotion, Health Education, Youth Work or Community Development ;
- Have 2 years’ experience in developing, delivering and evaluating training;
- Have an understanding and/or experience of quality standard frameworks;
- Have a proven track record of achievement;
- Have a working knowledge of youth organisations and youth health;
- Have a working knowledge of national health promotion policy and strategy;
- Have experience of policy and strategy development within an organisation;
- Have excellent interpersonal, written communication, organisational and presentation skills;
- Have the ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as part of a team.
This is a full-time post (35 hours per week). Some evening and weekend work is required.
A full job description and application form is available from the NYCI by contacting Lisa Hyland at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at: 01-4784122
Salary Scale: Project Officer Grade 1 - €32179 - €47802
Please Email Application Form and cover letter to: email@example.com
Or send by post to
National Youth Council of Ireland,
3 Montague St.
Closing date for applications is Monday 28 th of January 2019 at 12 noon. Please note we cannot accept any late applications.
The National Youth Council of Ireland is striving to be an equal opportunities employer