Youth Leaders Network – Ireland and Northern Ireland
Future of Work Conference, Malaga, 14-17 September 2017
Application deadline: 12 noon on Monday, 8th May
- Are you aged between 18-25 years old (on the date of application 8th May 2017)?
- Are you interested in ‘The Future of Work’ as a topic and might you have an idea for a project that you’d like to share?
- Would you like to represent Ireland or Northern Ireland and meet like-minded young people from around the world in Spain from 14-17 September 2017?
This is a unique opportunity for two promising young people (18-25 years) from Ireland or Northern Ireland to be chosen as a Youth Leader with a scholarship to travel to Malaga, Spain for a Global Leadership Conference from 14-17 September 2017.
Eisenhower Fellowships (EF), an international Fellowship programme, has launched a new programme aimed at young people aged between 18 and 25 years to complement its existing network of 1,500 mid-career leaders and change agents working around the world. The Eisenhower Youth Leaders Network will deepen EF’s commitment to mentorship and support efforts to cultivate the next generation of leaders.
EF Ireland have partnered with the National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI) to choose two young people to be part of this global youth network. People aged between 18 and 25 years are invited to apply to become an Eisenhower Youth Leader. Applications need to be sent to the NYCI via email@example.com before 12 noon on Monday 8th May where applications will be assessed and candidates shortlisted for final interview.
The successful candidate will:
- be sponsored to attend Eisenhower Fellowships’ Global Conference https://www.efworld.org/network/future-of-work on The Future of Work in Malaga, Spain in September 2017
- become part of the longstanding Eisenhower Fellowship international network https://www.efworld.org/network/roles
- receive a year’s mentorship from an established leader, and
- work on a project with other young people from over 40 countries as part of The Future of Work conference.
Like Eisenhower Fellows, Eisenhower Youth Leaders will represent all countries and regions in the EF network, including the United States. Successful Applicants will be promising young men and women who:
- are aged between 18-25 years old (on the date of application 8th May 2017)
- can demonstrate and describe how they have led and inspired others (at home, school, college or in their community) on an important topic or issue of importance to them
- can develop an impactful and feasible project idea for the “The Future of Work”
- are committed to mentoring and supporting others in their new role as Eisenhower Youth Leader.
Interested candidates are required to:
- complete the application form (available here) describing why you would like to participate in the Youth Leader Programme, share an accomplishment, outline how you have been mentored or influenced to develop in your life to date, discuss a project proposal (1000 words or less) that could create better employment opportunities in the future.
- submit one reference and provide a copy of their most recent academic transcript.
- submit completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on 8th May 2017.
The EF Chapter in Ireland and Northern Ireland is promoting this programme through the National Youth Council of Ireland (including a number of established youth networks in Northern Ireland). The NYCI will shortlist 10 excellent candidates to the EF nominating committee. Shortlisted candidates will be notified on Friday 12th May. These candidates will be required to attend an in-person interview in Dublin on Monday 22 May 2017. Candidates shortlisted for interview may also submit a 3-5 minute video (optional) describing their interest in the programme.
The two successful applicants will be notified by Wednesday 24th May. Applications received after 12 noon on May 8th cannot be considered. Family members of existing Eisenhower Fellows are not eligible.