- New figures published in advance of Government's Global Civic Forum, taking place May 4th and 5th
- Youth Council calls on Government to follow through on commitment to hold referendum on the issue
- “Ireland out of step with many democracies in the world”
NYCI represents and supports the interests of voluntary youth organisations and uses its collective experience to act on issues that impact on young people.
- May 2, 2017 - 11:45am
- April 7, 2017 - 3:00pm
Youth Leaders Network – Ireland and Northern Ireland
Future of Work Conference, Malaga, 14-17 September 2017
Application deadline: 12 noon on Monday, 8th May
- April 6, 2017 - 11:30am
National Youth Council, Camara Education Ireland and Science Foundation Ireland join forces to bring STEM skills to young people all over Ireland.
The ambitious new ‘Maker Project’ will inspire thousands of young people across Ireland to make, create and invent with confidence and curiosity, and increase engagement in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM). That’s the message from Camara Patron and Ireland’s Digital Champion, David Puttnam, CBE, launching the programme today (06.04.17).
- March 29, 2017 - 8:15pm
- Democracy delayed is democracy denied, says Youth Council
- Disappointed at unnecessary delay, but the #VoteAt16 campaign goes on
- March 29, 2017 - 11:30am
- Up to 126,000 young people aged 16 and 17 could vote in the 2019 Local and European Elections
- Arguments first used to disenfranchise women now being used against youth
- Scotland: all major political parties now support votes at 16
- March 1, 2017 - 4:15pm
Ireland can be a leader in one of the most important turning points in modern history
Coalition 2030—an alliance of over 100 leading civil society organisations working in Ireland and across the developing world—have said that Ireland is in a unique position to play a leadership role in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030. They were speaking at an event today (1st March 2017) at the Mansion House in Dublin to mark the formal launch of the group.