NYCI represents and supports the interests of voluntary youth organisations and uses its collective experience to act on issues that impact on young people.
- The conference will be opened by the new Minister of State for the Diaspora, Mr Jimmy Deenihan, T.D and will explore:
* attitudinal and structural barriers to young emigrants returning to Ireland at present
Roundtable on Development Education (Global Youth Work) & Youth
Dublin Castle, Wednesday 8th October, 10.00 - 16.30
For more information & to book your place see:
Open to: Youth organisations and management; youth workers; youth leaders; youth work students; young people;
- August 26, 2014 - 2:30pm
Youth Council reaction to CSO migration figures
- 33,500 young emigrants in 2014 with 165,300 young people leaving in last 5 years
- Time for Return Migration Strategy
The National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI) has today (26.08.14) welcomed the reduction in the emigration figures but remains concerned at the high levels of youth emigration and calls for more support for the current wave of young Irish emigrants and the development of a strategy to facilitate return migration to Ireland.
- July 11, 2014 - 3:00pm
- Welcomes appointment of Minister Reilly to Youth Affairs portfolio
- Welcomes focus on Diaspora in Minister Deenihan’s new role
In the Cabinet reshuffle today (11.07.14) Dr James Reilly, TD, has been appointed Minister for Children and Youth Affairs and Jimmy Deenihan, TD, has been appointed junior minister in the Department of the Taoiseach with a focus on the Diaspora.
Presenting the tenth inclusion video in our Lets Act on Inclusion video series.
Each short clip in the video series, supported by the Equality Authority, can be used as a standalone resource to raise discussions within youth groups, or in conjunction with the free online resource Access All Areas: A Diversity Toolkit in order to embed diversity within youth groups. A new video will be posted each month.
- July 2, 2014 - 12:30pm
2,932 more young people on live register
- more needs to be done to tackle youth unemployment
- concern at slow place of implementation of youth guarantee
- calls for Minister of State for Youth Guarantee and youth employment